Thursday, March 17, 2011

Now I've gone & done it!

Back around Christmas in an off guarded moment I was asked if I'd be willing to give someone a passenger ride around Castle Combe Circuit in my race prepped car.  Without really checking I agreed.  Well now, it turns out it was an auction of promises for a very worthy cause, to support the Peggy Dodd Centre which cares for people with Alzheimer's and other dementia illnesses.
The auction turned out to be be a very high profile formal affair & to my horror my promise turned out to be one of the star lots auctioned on the night.
So now I really do have to make sure the car is fully prepared after its winter layover - last time it had an outing was for a race in October! 
Still, looking at the available dates that I'm actually allowed to take passengers on track, one of the nearby ones is April 29th - so maybe I'll get to avoid the Royal Wedding after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment